Jasper County Recorder
OUR OFFICE IS MOVING!
The Recorder's Office will be closed on Friday, April 7th, 2023, due to moving to the first floor of the Courthouse. Beginning April 10th, we will have a new room number for our address. The new address will be:
Jasper County Recorder
101 1st St N
Newton, IA 50208
Changes to the groundwater hazard statement are now in effect.
NEW GROUNDWATER HAZARD STATEMENT RULE
Permits to ride on the Jasper county roads are no longer enforced as of July 1, 2022.
Attached is a link to the bill passed as of June 13, 2022 relating to registered all-terrain vehicles and off-road utility vehicles, and making penalties applicable.
Local law enforcement will be enforcing:
1. The OHV must be registered with the DNR and display current registration.
2. The operator must be at least 18.
3. The operator must carry proof of insurance.
4. Cannont exceed 35 mph.
The Recorder's Office will NOT issue refunds for those who have already purchased a county permit.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING TRANSACTION OPTIONS IF YOU CAN'T OR DON'T WANT TO VISIT THE OFFICE IN PERSON:
Recording can be done by mail and through e-submission through Iowa Land Records. To register to become an e-submitter, see below.
Boats, Off Road Motorcycles, ATVs Snows & ORV renewals can be renewed online at http://jasperia.org/204/Recorder, by mail or phone.
Certified vital record requests can be done by mail to our office or ordered from the State Vital Records office via mail at Bureau of Health Statistics, 321 E 12th St, Des Moines IA 50319 or online from the State’s authorized third party vendor, Vital Chek-call 866.809.0290
If you have any questions, please call the office at 641.792.5442 or email me at Recorder@jasperia.org. Mail requests to: Jasper County Recorder, 101 1st St N, Room 205, Newton IA 50208
Thank you, Denise Allan, Recorder
To become an e-submission customer, customers can submit an application at the link below:
The Office of the County Recorder was created by the First Legislative Assembly of the Territory of Iowa in 1839. Your County Recorder continues to maintain official records of documents affecting real estate in order to protect innocent third parties in real estate transactions.
The County Recorder's office is at the hub of the courthouse function to serve you. A significant portion of duties performed by other county officials is dependent on the work performed by your County Recorder.
Iowa's County Recorders are proud of their tradition and looking forward to the future.
Recording fees collected for the county provide a form of property tax relief.
Recorders/Registrars process valuable information concerning...
Lands and Records Management
Your recorder/registrar is responsible for recording your:
- Assignments, Releases
- Federal and State Tax Liens
- Plats & Surveys
- Section Corner Certificates
- Military Service Records
- Trade Names
- 28E & Drainage Agreements
- Bills of Sale
- Articles of Incorporation
- Financing Statements
- …plus numerous other documents
- Issues Marriage Licenses
- Registers Birth, Death & Marriage Certificates
- Certifies Vital Records
Licenses - Registrations – Applications
Your recorder/registrar is responsible for selling or issuing:
- Boat Registrations / Titles / Liens
- Snowmobile Registrations / Titles / Liens
- ATV Registrations
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- Fur Harvester Licenses
- Habitat, Duck and Trout Stamps
- Deer & Wild Turkey Applications
- Landowner/Tenant Gun & Archery Permits
Your recorder/registrar also:
- Collects real estate transfer tax on conveyances of property, a portion of which is retained in your county’s general fund.
- Performs federal and state tax lien searches and research of current records for the public.
- Collects and reports auditor’s fee on transfer of property.
- Certifies recorder’s records.
- Makes records available for genealogy research.
- Files detailed reports monthly and annually to the county and to state agencies.
- Offers most state road maps.
*Disclaimer: The information, forms and documents that are posted to the Jasper County Recorder’s website are valid at the time of publication. The Jasper County Recorder reserves the right to make changes to information contained here at any time without any notice, and assumes no liability for damages incurred as a result of errors, omissions, or discrepancies.