Military Records

Discharge papers (DD214's) may be recorded for permanent records. A DD214 must be recorded before military exemption is applied toward property tax reduction. 

Applications for Military Records should be submitted at the Jasper County Recorder’s Office at;

101 1st Street N
Room 205
Newton, IA 50208

Application for Certified Copy / Military Record

Other Resources to Try

Jasper County Veterans Affairs.

Phone: 641-792-7993 

Fax: 641-787-1302

115 N 2nd Avenue E
1st Floor
Newton, IA 50208

Iowa Department of Veterans Affairs

7105 NW 70th Avenue
Camp Dodge - Building 3465
Johnston, IA 50131-1824

National Personal Records Center

1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138