COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1B
March 15, 2021:
Jasper County will be opening up phase 1B, tier 1 to include adults from age 18 to 64 years old with certain medical conditions. Jasper County medical providers feel that we have saturated those that want the COVID vaccine for healthcare, long term care residents, first responders, education and daycare staff and age 65 and older population.
When we open up the next group, we will have more of demand for COVID vaccine than the availability of the vaccine. Our current allocation has been about 500 doses per week.
Please find below the list of medical conditions eligible for the vaccine. Regarding medical conditions, medical providers will take the word of the patient.
List of Medical Conditions are available at the following link:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
- Obesity/Overweight (BMI > 25 kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease
- Smoking (including former smoker)
- Diabetes mellitus- type 1 and 2
- Asthma (moderate-to-severe)
- Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
- Neurologic conditions, such as dementia
- Liver disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis (having damaged or scarred lung tissues)
- Thalassemia (a type of blood disorder)