Let us bring you back to nature
The mission of the Jasper County Conservation Board is to establish quality parks, recreation, conservation and outdoor education systems that give the most service to residents of Jasper County and the State of Iowa. To reach this objective, we actively promote programs and interests in conservation and preservation of our natural resources. We have nearly 3,000 acres of parks, trails, and natural areas just waiting to be explored!
*Listen to KCOB 1280 AM for program cancellations*
- The Jasper County Conservation Board will be fixing the damaged, cracked areas along the Chichaqua Valley Trail between Ira and Mingo sometime before Memorial Day. The trail will be ground up and then rolled for compaction and leveling. This section of the trail will be CLOSED for safety reasons when the crew is working, but the project should only take a few days. Additional cracks will also be filled between Ira and Baxter as the temperture gets warmer. The rest of the trail will remain open for use.
- PHEASANTS FOREVER SORGHUM SEED NOW AVAILABLE! Contact Jasper County Conservation, 641-792-9780
- Conservation Greeting Cards are available now!!
- Homeschool Student Field Day, May 29, 2013, 9:00 am-1:00 pm, Jacob Krumm Nature Preserve
- 6th Annual Hook, Line, and Sinker Fishing Derby, June 8, 2013, 9:00am-1:30pm, Jacob Krumm Nature Preserve
- Results of 2012 Off the Beaten Path Trail Race
- Jasper County Outdoors with naturalist Katie Cantu: every Saturday morning @ 6:10 am on KCOB 1280 AM or click here to listen!
The Jasper County Jewel
The Spring 2013 issue of the Jasper County Jewel is here. Download and enjoy!
To automatically be notified when the next issue of the Jasper County Jewel is available or when the next conservation event is scheduled, please go to E-News Sign Up and choose the "Jasper County Jewel Newsletter" from the News category and "Conservation Events" from the Calendar category.