Let us bring you back to nature
The mission of the Jasper County Conservation Board is to establish quality parks, recreation, conservation and outdoor education systems that give the most service to residents of Jasper County and the State of Iowa. To reach this objective, we actively promote programs and interests in conservation and preservation of our natural resources. We have nearly 3,000 acres of parks, trails, and natural areas just waiting to be explored!
*Listen to KCOB 1280 AM for program cancellations*
- YOUTH SUMMER CAMP SIGN UP IS HERE!!: Wildlife Explorers (8-12 years old), Junior Naturalists (8-12 years old), Photography Camp (10-16 years old), Stroller Strut (4 and under with adult), Nature Quest (5-7 years old), Archery Camp (10-16 years old), Princess Adventures (5-8 years old), Wild Edible Cooking Class (8-16 years old), Watersports Wednesday (8-16 years old), Trail Ride Thursday (8-16 years old). Click here for registration forms!
- Older Wiser Livelier Seniors (OWLS): Newton City Parks, April 12, 2017, Wagaman Mill History, May 10, 2017, People for Pollinators, June 14, 2017, Honey Queen, July 12, 2017, all from 10:00-11:00 am, Jasper County Conservation Office
- Public Prairie Burn, April 7, 2017, 7:00pm, Jacob Krumm Nature Preserve
- Signs of Spring Hike, May 6, 2017, 9:00 am, Ashton Wildwood Park
- Results of 2016 Off the Beaten Path Trail Race
- Conservation Greeting Cards are available now!!
- Jasper County Outdoors with naturalists Katie Cantu and Greg Oldsen: every Saturday morning @ 6:10 am on KCOB 1280 AM or click here to listen!
- **NEW** Check out our new monthly newsletter here! To automatically receive your monthly newsletter directly to your email inbox, click here to sign up!
The Jasper County Jewel
The Spring 2017 issue of the Jasper County Jewel is here. Download and enjoy! There is also an SPECIAL insert to the Jewel this month all about our summer kids programs! To automatically be notified when the next issue of the Jasper County Jewel is available or when the next conservation event is scheduled, please go to E-News Sign Up and choose the "Jasper County Jewel Newsletter" from the News category and "Conservation Events" from the Calendar category.