Emergency Relief may be granted by the Jasper County Commission of Veterans Affairs office to a Veteran or qualified dependent. This relief, if deemed necessary, may include, but not be limited to the following:
- Catastrophic Medical Bills
To be eligible for Emergency Financial Assistance the applicant must have a minimum aggregate of 90 days federal duty, other than training, basic training and to have been discharged under other than dishonorable conditions. Necessity will be determined by the veteran’s current financial situation, using only what income and expenses can be verified for the 30 days prior to the request for relief. The submission of incorrect or false information may at any time limit or terminate the relief provided by this program. Any veteran, regardless of their current financial situation, can apply for any relief they deem an Emergency.
Veterans applying for assistance must provide the following information:
- Discharge paperwork (DD214)
- Proof if all income for the household for the last 30 days
- The bill you are requesting assistance with
- Validation of enrollment into any corresponding Federal, State, or Local assistance programs (DHS, Workforce Development, RACAPP, etc.)
- A completed application from our office
Veterans may be required to bring additional documentation if it is deemed necessary to validate the type or cause of the emergency, and level of assistance required.